Last updated: December 12, 2023
Personal Information Collection
Currently, we collect personal information through our contact form. In the future, we plan to implement a pop-up form to allow visitors to sign up for newsletters. The type of information collected can include your name and email address.
Use of Collected Information
The information you provide is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To send periodic emails if you opt-in to our newsletter list.
- To promote products we think you may find valuable, including affiliate products from Amazon or other providers.
Protection of Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The Cat Corners respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
- Consent: We explain what you are consenting to clearly and without ‘legalese,’ and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
- Breach Notification: In the event of a breach, we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
- Right to Access: Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Furthermore, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
- Right to be Forgotten: Once we have compared your rights to “the public interest in the availability of the data,” we may delete your personal data if you request it.
- Data Portability: We allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to:
- Know About Personal Data Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that we disclose what personal data we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- Request Deletion of Personal Information: You can request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us.
- Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by a business.
- Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights: You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of these rights under GDPR or CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com with your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Our website uses affiliate cookies (like those from Amazon) to track sales that originated from our site. These cookies are used for the purpose of assigning commission on these sales.
Managing Your Personal Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. For any other requests regarding your personal information, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Age Restriction
Our website does not impose an age restriction for its use.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
We will comply with any applicable laws and regulations regarding user privacy protection when they apply to our website operations.
Third-Party Links and Affiliate Disclosure
Please be aware that we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
This policy was created using best practices and does not constitute legal advice. We recommend consulting with a legal professional for compliance with specific laws such as GDPR or CCPA.
© 2023 The Cat Corners. All Rights Reserved.